Most school board candidates reach out to family and friends to help start their campaign. Creating these letters from scratch can be time-consuming. Most letter templates you’ll find online are generic and not geared specifically for local political campaigns.
The sample fundraising letter below starts with a candidate introduction, followed by specific issues and suggestions for solving those issues. Then comes an intent to run, and a request for support along with a specific, time-sensitive contribution request. It’s wrapped up with a thank-you and reminder about the campaign website where supporters can find out more information and how they can help.
Campaign Letter Template Package
These templates can be adapted for your school board campaign letters. They will give you a head start in creating solid campaign correspondence that will get your message across in a professional manner. With these letter templates, you can create:
- Well-written fundraising appeals that brings in donations.
- Endorsement requests that help capture you in the best light.
- Press releases that the local media will be happy to print.
The package includes:
- Political Donation Thank You Letter – Event Related
- Political Donation Thank You Letter – General
- Endorsement Letter To the Editor Samples
- Endorsement Request
- Fundraising Appeal to Close Family and Friends
- Fundraising Appeal to Friends and Acquaintances
- Fundraising Appeal – After Primary
- Fundrasing Appeal – On Behalf of Candidate
- Fundraising Appeal – Acknowledging Tough Times
- Fundraising Appeal – Followup
- Fundraising Appeal – Final Push
- Personal Invitation Letter
- Press Release – Entry into Race
- Press Release – Website Announcement
- Press Release – Endorsement
- Press Release – Campaign Event
- Press Release – Position Statement
- Press Release – Post Fundraiser Event
- Press Release – Political Apology
- Press Release – Post Election
- Thank You Letter For Event Speaker
- Volunteer Followup Letter
- Volunteer Thank You Letter
- Campaign Writing Tips
- Local Press Release Resources
- Additional Resources
Don’t recreate the wheel. Use these templates to add a professional edge to your school board campaign correspondence. Download yours today!
You may be interested in: Tips for Creating a Great Campaign Brochure